We hope this message finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for Sheron Dental and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office.
- As a rule we will ask that you call us from your car when you arrive and remain there until we call or text you to come in. If you are being dropped off you may wait in our reception area as it will be set up for proper social distancing.
- We ask that all patients wear a mask until you are seated in an operatory.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Please bring your own pen to use in case you have to sign for anything. We will have some sterilized pens available if you forget to bring your own.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We plan on having patients entering through our main entrance and exiting through a side entrance
- At this time we will not be accepting cash as we try to limit unnecessary contacts
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 360-573-8181.
Thank you for being our patient and understanding that we are all working through this together and trying to provide care in the safest manner possible. Your patience is greatly appreciated as there may be some hiccups as we work our way through these new protocols. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Your team at Sheron Dental